Gone are the days when businesses advertise the products or services they offer through texts. Today, businesses make use of explainer videos to convey their message to their target customers in the most effective way. What are explainer videos? Well, these can be defined as short videos which tell a story about a certain company and it has been used by most companies today because it can efficiently convey its value proposition.
Over the past few years, video has been the leading tool used by a growing number of entrepreneurs and businesses that are seeking to grab the attention of their target customers online. With that, video is now recognized as the future of marketing and media. According to surveys, video consumption has risen by roughly 800% in the previous five years.
90% of the web video consumption involve people ages 18 to 34. This trend was further boosted with the advent of social networking sites such as Facebook. Right now, Facebook starts to give videos more visibility on the newsfeed as compared to other media forms. All of these facts signify just one important thing and that is you should use explainer videos to promote your brand!
To prove this, there were case studies conducted involving a few of the most established companies. The first one is Rypple, which is a platform used for social performance management that was obtained by Salesforce and rebranded to work.com. They added a short explainer video on their homepage and they obtained satisfying results! On their case study, they found around 30% of the visitors of their website who watch the video and about 50% of the viewers viewed the whole video. The conversion rate also increased by twenty percent!
Another company that conducted a case study is Dropbox. This company efficiently used an explainer video through limiting their homepage into one video. They also received about 750,000 views in a month and their conversion rates also increased by over 10% and that resulted to thousands of additional signups every day.
Ultimate Guide to Creating a Killer Explainer Video Infographic Summary
If you want to create an amazing explainer video, you need to cover all of the fine points we mention below. There are plenty of tools and resources out there for you to get started, so start planning for your explainer video creation today.
The Elements of an Explainer Video
- What makes an explainer video effective and appealing? Here are some important things that you should keep in mind when you want to create one:
Your explainer video should be engaging and digestible. Your video has to be engaging right from the start so that the viewers will be persuaded to watch it until the end.
- An explainer video should work for everybody. An explainer video should provide verbal and visual cues for learning that appeals to every learning type: visual, bimodal and verbal.
- It has to be a digestible and clear presentation. One of the most effective ways to effectively convey the value proposition of your business is to create a video that is clear and understandable.
- Also, the message of the video should be direct to the point.
Types of Explainer Videos
An explainer video can be created into various forms namely:
- 2D animation
- 3D animation
- High & 2D animation
- Live action
- Moving typography
- Animated screencast
- Video Infographic
- iPad or iPhone apps
- Music only
In getting started with building your own explainer video, the following steps must be taken:
- Choose the style which best communicates the standing of your product in the most effective way.
- Allot enough time for the script.
- You have to storyboard your video within your head.
- Create a rough edition of your video which combines the storyboard with sound, music and voiceover.
Infographic source: QuickSprout