If there one thing we can say with confidence about the internet, it’s that it’s always going to be changing. If you online business, brand and marketing efforts are changing with it, you will simply be left behind.
One of the biggest changes in the online marketing space over the past decade, has been the creation, rise and evolution of social media. What started out as a world of one way conversions and HTML, completely changed forever once MySpace stepped onto the scene. Soon after, Facebook and Twitter came along and have changed the way we market, connect and share content forever.
In the infographic below we are going to take a look at the evolution of social media marketing and how you can get the most out of your social media efforts in the process.
The Evolution of Social Media Marketing Infographic Summary
Social Media Examiner surveyed over 2,800 online marketing and social media specialists to get their thoughts on what’s currently going on in the world of social media. Here’s what they had to say.
- The value of social media marketing is continually rising. While Facebook remains the kill, LinkedIn and Twitter are not far behind. 90% of marketers are consistently using Facebook and Facebook Ads to promote their business or services online.
- 68% of professionals are using it as their primary platform to connect, engage and market to their audiences.
- LinkedIn is the most utilized platform for B2B marketers, with 33% of respondents picking it as their platform of choice.
- 89% of markets want to know how to measure their social media marketing efforts.
- 61% of businesses plan on using or increasing activities on Google+.
- 73% of marketers plan to increase their use of video marketing in 2014, and all of them plan on including the use of original content.
Infographic source: JP Marketing