One of the easiest ways to make sure that you are going to make a long-term success of life in general is to start looking at how the best in your position got there in the first place. Nobody managed to just create an incredible empire from sheer will, unfortunately, so you need to start looking at the path hose experts and trendsetters took throughout their lives to get to where they are or were.
One of the most inspirational people in recent times has been Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple and one of the modern revolutionaries for high-end technology.
This simple infographic, How Steve Jobs Started, can give you all the details you need about his life and how he went about things. it shows you everything that you need to know about the man’s life, giving you the perfect idea of what you need to think about & work on to get to where he stood before he tragically passed on.
How Steve Jobs Started Infographic Summary
As you might expect, his life and legacy was full of twists and turns that involve hardship, grit, determination and resilience to reach where his company, Apple, has. Here are just some of the key points from his life that you should really take notice of;
- Adopted at birth by a mechanic and an accountant, having been put up for adoption by his Syrian parents, Jobs already had what many would consider a “troubled” start to life
- He learned his love of electronics from his adopted father, and was taught how to read before going to school by his mother
- He meets Steve Wozniak, a key player in his life, prior to going to college but eventually drops out of college
- He joins creative classes instead and sleeps around at the Hare Krishna temple, coasting through life
- After an experience abroad in India he eventually practices Zen Buddhism prior to landing his old back with games developer Atari once again
- Makes a ton of money from the long-distance Bluebox that Steve Wozniak created and this makes him realize he can beat the big companies!
- Attends a computer club, and starts the Apple Computer Company in his garage
- His daughter Lisa is born which he refuses to accept, eventually creating the Apple Lisa as an apology
- In 1984 the company spends $1m on advertising the Macintosh product before Jobs is fired by the very CEO he put in place!
- Starts the NeXT Company, and buys some PC graphics from George Lucas. He starts the Pixar Company and creates Toy Story, ever heard of it before?
- He then sells Pixar to Disney and NeXT to Apple, before returning as an Apple CEO
- Launches the iMac, iPod, iPhone and iPad before being diagnosed with cancer
- Avoids surgery for 9 months, gets a transplant and resigns from work
- Works until the day he dies
As you can see, Jobs lived an incredibly challenging life that takes far more twists and turns that what you might have expected. Even someone as intelligent and powerful as Jobs had to take the hard way to get somewhere in life, so be prepared to do so yourself and the benefits will come! Use this as your inspiration to improve and get better at everything you possibly can.
Infographic source: Funders and Founders