Many people are afraid that affiliate marketing is dying, but that is far from the truth. This industry has been predicted to grow to 6.8 Billion by 2020 with a significant 10% increase every year. The retail giant, Amazon, made over 177 Billion in sales in 2017 which is a 31% increase from 2016. So, even though Amazon reduced their affiliate commissions, there’s a lot more volume to make up for that. This industry is certainly thriving and always changing, so you need to keep up with the trends.
This infographic from NoHatDigital.com shows exactly what you should be focusing on to make sure you get more revenue from your affiliate efforts.
How To Crush Affiliate Marketing In 2018
How To Crush Affiliate Marketing In 2018 Infographic Summary
To make your affiliate marketing efforts pay off, pay attention to the following:
1. Content: It goes without saying, without high quality content, you won’t get ranked in the search engines and your visitors won’t buy.
2. Conversion Rate Optimization: CRO has been a hot topic in the internet marketing world of recent, and for good reason. You can immediately make more money from your current website without getting more traffic just by optimizing your site and testing out site elements.
3. SEO: Without good SEO, you won’t get enough organic traffic to convert into customers. Also, since SEO is always changing, you need to pay attention to the trends for this year. This includes Google’s shift to mobile first indexing, which means they index the mobile version of your website first, before the desktop version. As a result, your mobile design needs to be responsive and properly optimized for visitors.
You should also take heed of voice search and look into ranking for terms that people speak naturally.
4. Build Your Email List and Split Test Funnels: SEO and organic traffic is volatile, which means that you should seek to build out other forms of traffic such as as email lists. Additionally, you should build out funnels and then optimize each part of the funnel to increase your conversions. For example, you should optimize your “Squeeze Page” so that more people opt in with the same ad spend or organic traffic.
5. Diversify: In 2017, Amazon reduced their commissions and this can happen any time in the future. Therefore, you should always diversify your methods of monetization and seek to establish exclusive relationships with brands and affiliate networks.
6. Trends: You should always keep an eye on what’s trending, since there’s usually a lot of fast, short term income there. Some of the trends for this year include Cryptocurrency CPA offers, Affiliate eCommerce etc.
7. Data: Deep data reports are now becoming available, so make use of them to make better business decisions.
8. Developing Countries: There are so many marketers targeting the US, UK and other developed countries, that it can be quite difficult to compete. However, thanks to smart phones, it is actually now extremely wise to market to developing countries. Some of the best ones to market to include China, India, Latin America etc.
Infographic source: NoHatDigital