Content marketing is, like every other part of online marketing, constantly changing. Every year brings in new changes and adaptions that need to be considered to ensure that your content marketing is going to be as far-reaching and effective as possible. It’s a huge part of running any business, and has to be considered as the focal point of moving forward in terms of maintaining a strategy.
In this Content Marketing Predictions infographic, you will find some of the most startling predictions for the coming year by some leading figures within content marketing itself. The infographic breaks each of these predictions down into six simple themes;
- Content Supply Chain
- Organizational Structure
Additionally, the market predictions are broken down also into terms of who it’s predicted will take up these options – will it be the pure innovators, those who are looking for something new, or large swathes of the market?
These tips and hints should help you garner the right path and prepare for the future with regards to how you currently market content, and could help you make massive changes in future.
Content Marketing Predictions Infographic Summary
As the infographic informs us, there are many ways that content management looks set to change. New analysis, new channels to connect with and an improvement in content standards across the board are making things extremely interesting – if these predictions play out as suggested, then many of the following changes could be hitting the content marketing scene before long;
- The spotlight is going to be on content more than ever – as businesses and marketing firms start to see the direct benefits of quality content, finding leads and sales is going to be influenced by the quality of content
- Digital measurement is to become a far more important metric for businesses, with the whole army of new devices on the markets making it much easier for concentrated analytics that will increase the demand for quality analysts and marketers to really take control
- The day of the gut instinct is over; analytics are becoming the norm thanks to the wealth of technology that’s available
- This enhancement in technology will lead to more cohesive and dedicated content through a more detailed structuring of teams looking to have more varied tech skills on-board
- The link between content management and coding is going to become closer than ever; as clients start to look for more rounded services, learning how to code will be vital
- As mobile devices become more popular demand for quality content will rise; it will be a vital part of content marketing strategies from here on in
- More than 50% of marketing content will now be viewed on mobile or tablet devices
- Customer participation will become a vital part of businesses being able to push the right kinds of content that actually converts and benefits their performance – the same goes for employees, who may have the answer to excellent content that hasn’t been covered yet
- The way that blogs are used will be changing too; now, they won’t always be the immediate go-to point for a business as other strategies may be more beneficial
- Paid and owned media will blend together more seamlessly, although there is going to be a much greater impetus on accelerating content distribution speeds
- As the “real” businesses out there who have a strong connection with their fans continue to outshine the big names, they will likely be picked up or purchased; medium to large businesses thirst for a proper connection with their clients
- There has to be a more holistic approach towards content marketing – working closely with an entire team rather than splitting up content marketing teams so rigidly could pay massive dividends in the future for ambitious businesses
This will hopefully help you see what lies around the corner for content marketing as the impetus really shifts towards something completely new to most people. It’s going to be vital that your business keeps an eye out for these coming changes and alterations.
Infographic Credit: Curata