Thousands of domain names are purchased and expired on a daily basis. What happens to these domain names after they are purchased and expired is never a guarantee. Some domains will be developed into web sites, while other will expire and never see the light of day again.
However, there are some domain names that immediately hold a lot of value from the day they are registered… and those domains are usually referred to as “super premium” domains, as they are usually short, one word generic domains in the .com form.
Every year there several domain names that sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometimes even millions. In the “Top Selling Domain Names in 2015” infographic below, we are going to look at the domain names that have sold for big bucks, along with the domain brokerages that were lucky enough to broker the deals.
Best Selling Domain Names for 2015 Infographic Summary
Through the domain sales infographic above, it’s no surprise to see domains sell for upwards of half a million dollars and sometimes even in the millions!
- Porno.com was one of the biggest domain sales in history, with a price tag of over $8 million in cash
- Several two-letter domain names were sold for over a million dollars this year, including NL.com, SX.com and QE.com
- The domain name Give.com was acquired for $500,000 from the founder of web hosting company HostGator, with plans to launch the site as a charity resource and platform
- Rangers.com was acquired for $375,000 and is now the official site for the Rangers MLB baseball team
- Sedo, NameJet, NamesCon, Domain Name Sales and eNaming are all huge players in the domain brokering space
Infographic Source: Blogging.org