In the world of sports, Nike is king. However, Under Armour is quickly building a household name for itself and with their latest addition of Stephen Curry, they are putting their money where their mouth is to keep Nike and Lebron James on their toes at all times.
In the infographic below, we are going to see how big brands go head to head with each other when they are put to the test in a game of one-on-one, social media and internet marketing style. This isn’t your traditional battle of the brands, instead this one goes down to the wire as one brand will be claimed the winner of present day, while the other is the predicted king of the future.
Battle of the Brands: Nike vs. Under Armour Infographic Summary
Nike (Lebron James) and Under Armor (Stephen Curry) are two of the biggest names in the sports world today. With each of these companies having the #1 and #2 athletes in the NBA, this is a battle that will continue on for the next decade and maybe even for many years after each player goes on to retirement.
- In the world of social media and the usage of hashtags, Nike is the clear winner with their #JustDoIt campaign, as they also have over 5 million Twitter followers and 22 million fans on Facebook. UnderArmour and their #IWill hashtag come in with just under 500k Twitter followers and a mere 3.6 million Facebook fans.
- When comparing each of the brands NBA stars, Nike again walks away as the big winner, dwarfing Under Armour’s Stephen Curry in regard to their individual Twitter and Facebook following.
- Lebron James also has the edge in terms of brand power when compared to Stephen Curry.
- Nike also won the battle of which brand had a higher effect of getting their online advertising and branding across to their demographic audience.
- In the end, Nike is crowd the winner of today, but Under Armour is looking like the king of tomorrow.
Infographic source: WhatRunsWhere